Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Garbage and Soccer

The garbage strike is getting settled, they are starting to pick up again. Which is good, because I could barely walk around the corner of my apartment complex without gagging, since there was a huge pile of garbage bags there. So I was happy to see that the pile was gone yesterday.

And France won their match against Spain last night, 3-1. So that means they advance to the semi-finals on Saturday, against Brazil. I think I'll try to watch it with someone, it's just more fun. Although I think I will avoid going downtown, somehow crowds of 10 000, waving flags, fireworks, and sirens just don't sound tempting to me. I could hear people celebrating, horns honking, shouting each time France scored. Then on the news today they showed people celebrating in Paris, on the Champs-Elysees. In fact, the first 20 minutes of national news was about the game. Even a quick interview with the Prime Minister. Brazil won the last Fifa cup in 2002, France won the cup before that in 1998. We'll see who wins this round!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home