Sunday, March 12, 2006

Look What the Wind Blew In

So le mistral continues today...the roaring wind has given me a headache and almost made me fall over on my way over to a friends' apartment. The port is closed due to the rough seas so no boats or ferries can dock to load/unload. One of my coworkers was on his way out of the house with his 5 year old son and the wind ripped his eyeglasses right off his face. He couldn't find them after looking for 40 minutes, they're probably flying over the Mediteranean right now. He decided to send his son back inside for fear of losing him as well. The wind has died down a bit, my headache has subsided...but it's forecast to continue tomorrow. Can't wait to walk to work in it. According to www.wunderground.com, the max wind gust yesterday was 109 km/hr. Time to go fly me a kite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home