Saturday, December 24, 2005

Maker of Heaven and Earth

I like to read this quote I found in a book I'm reading. Sometimes I even read it outloud, just to add to the confirmation it is for me.
"The eternal, independent and self-existent Being, the Being whose purposes and actions spring from Himself, without foreign motive or influence; He who is absolute in dominion; the most pure, the most simple, the most spiritual of all essences; infinitely perfect; and eternally self-sufficient, needing nothing that He has made; illimitable in His immensity, inconceivable in His mode of existence and indescribable in His essence; known fully only by Himself, because an infinite mind can only be fully comprehended by itself. In a word, a Being who, from His infinite wisdom, cannot err or be deceived and from His infinite goodness, can do nothing but what is eternally just, and right and kind."
Quoted from Adam Clark, from Pg 76 "The Divine Conspiracy" by Dallas Willard.

Here are the lyrics to one of my favourite songs:
God of Wonders by Caedmon's Call
Lord of Heaven and Earth
(Lord of all creation)
Lord of Heaven and Earth
Lord of all creation
Of the water, earth and sky
The Heavens are your Tabernacle
Glory To the Lord on high
God of wonders
Beyond our galaxy
You are holy, holy
The universeDeclares your majesty
You are holy, holy
Early in the morningI will celebrate the light
And when I stumble into darkness
I will call your name by night
God of wonders
Beyond our galaxy
You are holy, holy
The universe
Declares your majesty
You are holy, holy
Holy, holy
Holy, holy
God of wonders
Beyond our galaxy
You are holy, holy
Precious Lord,
Reveal your heart to me
Father hold me, hold me
The Universe
Declares your majesty
You are Holy, Holy
Holy, Holy

And here is a collage I put together that kind of explains my understanding of "Maker of Heaven and Earth".

And last but not least...one of my favourite Psalms from www.biblegateway.com (Contemporary English version)
Psalm 121
(A song for worship.)
The LORD Will Protect His People
1 I look to the hills! Where will I find help?
2It will come from the LORD, who created the heavens and the earth.
3The LORD is your protector, and he won't go to sleep or let you stumble.
4The protector of Israel doesn't doze or ever get drowsy.
5The LORD is your protector, there at your right side to shade you from the sun.
6You won't be harmed by the sun during the day or by the moon [a] at night. 7The LORD will protect you and keep you safe from all dangers.
8The LORD will protect you now and always wherever you go.

1 Comments:

At 5:33 p.m., Blogger Faithful Joy said...

That's beautiful, Jen.

Merry Christmas my friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home